This was a great post on mental training. It opens with a nice discussion on fear-based motivation vs reward-based motivation.
It also gels really well with the mental training taught to the SEALs for fear control.
Here are Hazel Findlay’s recommendations:
1) STEP ONE: ASK YOURSELF WHY
2) HELP YOURSELF
3) ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU’RE WILLING TO SACRIFICE
4) THE “BAD” DAYS ARE STILL GOOD DAYS
5) PRESSURE IS YOUR FRIEND
6) VISUALIZATION IS A POWERFUL TOOL
7) BE AWARE THAT EVEN MILD FEAR OF FALLING CAN ADD A GRADE
8) FOCUS IS EVERYTHING
9) NO EXCUSES
10) ENJOY AND LEARN
11) DON’T COMPARE YOURSELVES TO OTHERS
Read the full article here